Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Staff Review: “Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes” By Eric Litwin Illustrated by James Dean

Nothing is more exciting than getting a brand new pair of stark white shoes but what happens when the perfection is ruined by a series of color staining obstacles? Well, you keep walking like the main character in the picture book “Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes” by Eric Litwin and illustrated by James Dean. With its mixture of songs, questions, and clever illustrations, this story is formatted in a way that makes it easy for parents to engage with their child while they read the story together.   

Pete the Cat is such a loveable character with a catchy song in his heart and I can’t help myself but to read it aloud to anyone who cares to listen. See the author and illustrator perform this book on YouTube and be sure to check out Pete in his other book “Pete the Cat: I Love My School Shoes.” You can also go to author Eric Litwin’s website at www.ericlitwin.com and learn more about Pete at www.petethecat.com.  

--Jennifer I., Florissant Valley Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment