Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Staff Review: "I Can See Just Fine" by Eric Barclay

Going to the eye doctor has never been so adorable! When it's time for a child to get glasses, they can be apprehensive or downright belligerent, like Paige in "I Can See Just Fine" by Eric Barclay. But with the help of such a delightfully funny picture book with bright and quirky illustrations, any adult can help ease that awkward transition.

Paige swears up and down to her teachers and parents that she "can see just fine," but is clearly having difficulties. So mom takes her to the eye doctor where she eventually picks out glasses and finds out that she really needs them after all. 

Barclay takes the reader through the whole process of getting glasses, from the chart reading, to eye drops, and lens selection without making it seem like an instructional book. It's so much fun, even kids that don't need glasses will enjoy reading Paige's story. This story is most appropriate for kindergarten to third grade

--Andrea W., H.Q. 

P.S. As an added sneak peek, check out the illustration below. I dare you not to smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment