Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Do a Craft, Read a Book

Try your hand at making an I-Spy Bottle craft with items you can find at home.  Then check out some Seek and Find books to build vocabulary from St. Louis County Library .

I Spy Bottle Craft


Materials:
        1. Plastic bottle
        2. Rice, beans, pasta, or sand for filler
        3. 8-12 small trinkets and objects
        4. Glue (optional)


Directions:
        1. Fill bottle halfway with filler of your choice
        2. Add objects to bottle
        3. Fill bottle with remaining filler, but leave about an inch of space before sealing
        4. Glue cap securely on to bottle to prevent spilling (optional)
        5. Shake bottle and enjoy finding your hidden treasures

Seek and Find Books


I Spy Ultimate Challenger!: A Book of Picture Riddles” by Jean Marzollo.  Do you think you have found everything in the I Spy books? Test your skills with a collection of the most challenging riddles.


Can You See What I See? : Treasure Ship “ by Walter Wick.  Jump aboard the deck of the ship, Bountiful and discover hidden treasures. “Can You See What I See?” books provide an added twist of a larger puzzle to be solved at the end of the story. 


Spot 7 Animals Each page has vivid, mirrored images relating to animals.  Readers must spot the differences between each photograph.


--Hannah E., Jamestown Bluffs

No comments:

Post a Comment