Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Great Books About Winter Clothes

I know that little ones can be reluctant to put on their winter clothes. There are some great stories to help with the transition into freezing temperatures.

Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London.
Froggy's mother keeps sending him back up to his room to put on the clothes he needs to play in the snow. This one is great for predictions skills.


The main character is describing layers and layers of clothes. It makes me itchy and hot just reading about it! As a bonus, this is a rebus book, so preschoolers can actively participate in reading by using the pictures.



Red is Best by Kathy Stinson
Kelly doesn't want to wear anything but red: red boots, red hat, red mittens. This book has nice simple pictures with bright colors.




A fun craft idea following this theme would be a pair of mittens. These are just mitten outlines that I attached together with a piece of yarn. I used pieces of tissue paper to decorate them, but crayons, markers or even glitter glue or whatever you have around the house would look great. Someone suggested they would make a cute ornament for a Christmas tree, and I think they would also be a neat door knob hanger.
Enjoy!--Angie R., Headquarters

No comments:

Post a Comment